Christmas- Vanilla Cakes, Nyama Choma, Kuku

 
Ho ho ho!!!!
So,I am sure some of you have your minds in the gutter after that very spirited christmasy salutation, too much English, I know bear with me. I think this little thing you and I have going on has gotten to that 'been married for 34 years' phase, you know? I feel like we need a little something to get our groove back on, get that freak back on (preferably on the streets, if you catch my very disturbing drift *eye wink*). So, since I am that 'on top of things' guy I have just the thing; a literary threesome. Oh come on, stop acting shocked at my choice of words at least it has literary in there. Anyway, I hit up a friend of mine Hilda who agreed to be the one helping you and I get through this rough patch. Read through:

Christmas is celebrated all across the world and brings a better share of joy to all the people. Since I was a little girl I kept all my Christmas memories intact and stored, ready to take them down memory lane. We come from African communities in which it (christmas) is marked by epic celebrations and church services both on the eve of Christmas and Christmas day. This is how it always remains memorable to us.
Remember I said I will take all my Christmas memories down memory lane? Well there is this particular one which is better left untold. It was three days to Christmas, I was little, approximately nine or ten years old. Every day I met up with my friends and all they could talk about was how their parents bought them Christmas trees, how their decorations were forth coming but at my house it was a normal occasion like any other, no christmas trees or decorations for that matter.That evening I asked my parents why we did not have a Christmas tree of our own, my dad told me the next day he would buy me one. Joy is what replaced blood in my vessels. I wore my canvas shoes and ran out to go join the bragging nation (my friends) it gave me a sense of belonging in the `squad` .The glory of nature is that it slaps you with what you least expect. Some jealous stones did not wish to share my joy .ooooops! I tripped and landed on my chin, bruised my knee and twisted my wrist and the mother of all problems I lost a precious tooth (canine) that could've come handy during the festive season. I never shared my joy with my friends, never stepped out of the house and did not enjoy nyama choma and kuku. For a typical Kenyan kid that was not Christmas. This memory was never to be told hahaha! But I told you.
As the festivities begin may we share the joy of Christ`s birth and its mark to our salvation history. It’s the season of giving; share with the less fortunate in the society give a smile to somebody`s life. Happy holidays.

So there you have it,done and dusted. But, don't you get all bored up just yet, not before we talk about today's food. You know how, during this season guests just come from all over and sometimes you are just tired and can't seem to get your self to make a little something spontaneous. Well, don't fear, I'm here! (Talk about my Justice League feels. I probably would have been one with mind control powers. #SICK!) Why not try the semi-naked vanilla cake?
It's pretty easy to make actually and it leaves room for creativity. I like to think of it as a 'laziness meets calories' type of dessert

Ingredients:
2kg vanilla cake
500g butter cream icing
1 packet Oreo cookies
Cake sweets (vermecelli)
Method
We only need one layer of icing on this beauty so we won't even use the full 500 grams of icing, but don't worry, it doesn't go bad,just store it in a cool dry place.
Place a little bit of cream on the top of your cake and spread it out. Use a flat surfaced utensil such as a palette knife. Go round the cake side adding and spreading thin layers of the cream. Once complete, smooth out the cake by removing a little bit of the cream carefully not to remove everything. You can have it smooth or slightly rough and bumpy, depends on your preference. Top off with crushed Oreos and cake sweets on top. You can also decide to use chocolate ganache or edible flowers.
That's all for today,please be sure to check out my previous post and also, share this with your fellow human beings. Catch the next post soon.
Cheers,

Thanks for reading!!!
Follow your girl Hilda on her social: @Hilda_boke -Instagram
Ocharo Hilda -Facebook
Get at me :@mwaniki_maina -Instagram
Mwaniki Maina -Facebook



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zuma and The Telephone

French Toast, Nairobi Daylight and Robbers

Mariah, Curry and Rice